Excerpts from Dazzle Me! By the editors at Dartnell. Writer: David Dee
Deliver surprisingly superior service
“Go the extra mile for customers” is another way of saying, “surprise customers by doing something extra for them.” If you make a personal commitment to surprise your customers, you’ll have gone a long way to providing service that far exceeds the service average reps provide.
Here are four ways you can achieve this simple personal goal:
- Surprise customers by always being courteous.
- Surprise customers by doing more than they ask for.
- Surprise customers by taking pride in your work.
- Surprise customers who have come to expect the worst by being professional in your bearing and manner.
Commitments to yourself
- To always maintain a professional manner and appearance.
- To greet customers warmly and to always make them feel welcome and comfortable doing business with you and your organization.
- To always be prompt, courteous, and friendly in serving customers.
- To always adopt a problem-solving attitude when you handle complaints and inquiries.
- To carefully assess each customer’s needs and recommend specific products or services that will provide the highest level of satisfaction.
- To find the right answers to all customer questions and to keep up-to-date on the products and services your company offers so you can pass the correct information on to your customers.
- To be familiar with all organizational procedures and policies so you can handle every customer transaction with minimum error and delay.
- To follow up on inquiries from customers and ensure their satisfaction.
- To know your company’s promotional campaigns and to support these efforts whenever you deal with customers.
- To turn new customers into returning customers by providing the kind of service they expect and are entitled to.